Amritsar – The city of Golden Temple
Why visit Amritsar?
Top Tourist Destinations & Activities:
- Golden Temple (aka Harmandir Sahib) : This is the main attraction of the city. For more info visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Temple
- Jallianwala Bagh
- Wagha Border Ceremony
- Punjabi Food and Culture
- Sadda Pind ( our Village) which is a theme(Punjabi Culture) based restaurant. If you want to know about the local culture then this is the best place to learn and experience it.
- Khalsa College
How to reach Amritsar?
- Flight – Amritsar has an international airport which is very well connected with the major airports of the India. There are also some direct flights from other countries as well.
Flight Duration Details: From Mumbai – 3-4 hrs. From Delhi it just 45 mins
- Trains – Amritsar has very good connectivity by train as well , but other than few major trains, most trains are late by few hours. Trains journey from Mumbai takes
- By Road: Approx 10 hrs journey from Delhi
Best time to visit: October to March, the weather is pleasant during the day. It gets really cold ( <5 degree C) during end of December and early January.
Chilli Travel Tip: There is also lot of fog during these months which can cause delays/cancellations of Flights and trains so plan your travel accordingly. Avoid booking a connecting flight which has short transit time.
Planning & Execution Tips:
- Always take care of your belongings, it gets really crowded at Golden temple and Wagha Border.
- Wear proper clothes when visiting religious places. You would be required to cover your head while visiting Golden temple so keep a cloth to cover your head.
- Carry Mineral water bottles when visiting Wagha border . This activity requires at least 3-4 hrs.